Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Whattaya Know? We Liked It


Today Carl and I went to see Scott Pilgrim vs The World because it was rated sky-high by Rotten Tomatoes, because I like Michael Cera and because I was in the mood for a movie.  Julia had planned to g.o to Despicable Me, but she had wearied of spending, having bought carpeting for her downstairs, so I was left in the lurch.  Carl had no idea of what he was in for.  
And we liked it.  It was funny, pretty clever and quite entertaining though Carl said it was “good but a little silly” for his taste.
I found upon my return that it was based on a “graphic novel” which I presume is a smarty-pants word for a comic book but that’s okay.  Comic books are for kids, graphic novels are for geeks probably.  
We were easily the oldest people in the theatre but that’s okay.  If anyone has a problem with that, they can stuff it.  And if anyone there thinks that popular culture stuff was beyond us, it really wasn’t all that arcane.  Pretty easy to figure out, actually.  Sorry.  

2 comments:

Annie said...

i think it's weird they call it "graphic novel" now too... so silly!

I'm glad Carl liked it too! awesome!

Jesse said...

Sister A - so I came to look around. With our 5 kids Melissa has slipped out of blogging, but still when there is time...

It has been great reading thorugh the blog...