Thursday, March 18, 2010

Alice In Wonderland - I'm Doing My House Over in the Motif

Saw Alice in Wonderland on Saturday and loved it until my "loved it" monitor went off the chart.  I still loved it then even.

Ali consented mid-show that she wanted to be Alice when I asked her, which is perfect since her name is Alison and all we have to do is chop off  one sylable.  She usually wants to be the funny characters or the princesses, but this is an exception.

But even I want to be Alice.  She killed the Jabberwock.  His fool head bounced down the stairs for at least twenty or thirty seconds.  Way cool girl heroism.

And I admired Johnny Depp's diastema (Google it) as I enjoy my own.  He made me wish my own hair was red.

Then there was the Red Queen.  Did you not love her and her humongus head?  She outdid the Cannon head by at least three times. And her lovely little heart lips?  Yum.  The lovely apology of the flamingo to the hedgehog.  All was perfect.  Everyone was weird, too.  Even the white queen.

Oh what a fine experience that was.  Was there a flaw?  Don't report it to me if there was.  It will only cause me to report your flaws to you.  It won't be intended.  It will merely be reflexive.  Do not take it personally.

I just loved Alice that much.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Wow, now I want to see it!

Love your reviews!

Wendy said...

I think you'd be great as a red head! Just give Miss Clairol a try.