Thursday, October 21, 2010

I Laughed, I Cried, I Spilled My Drink . . .


I didn’t even know such a movie was out yet we went to see Red yesterday afternoon in a movie theater that was empty save for us.  I thought I’d laugh myself silly.  It was wonderful.  I could laugh as loud as I wanted without Carl telling me to shut up.  I needed those magic shields up, too, because it was just that funny.  
Bruce Willis, Helen Mirren, Morgan Freeman and of course John Malkovich were crazy old former agents of varying types, with Malkovich having lots of paranoia thrown in, who shoot things up, chase around the country in cars, blow people up, and are absolutely hilarious.  Julia, my beautiful daughter-in-law will be thrilled to note that a Russian is a hero in this one.  
The story line is interesting and pretty surprising, too, keeping you guessing as to how this is going to work out, too, without somebody you like doing pretty hard time at some point.  
The timing is perfect as they zip from place to place and the the pace is perfect.  We’re never bored so be sure to buy a medium drink and go to the bathroom before you go in.  I wouldn't know where to recommend a bathroom break.
Mary Louise Parker is the love interest but you’ve got to see her to care, and you will.
Please  see it.  Just trust me on this one.  

No comments: