Thursday, October 28, 2010

Carl's Good!


And here’s to the best news I’ve posted in a long, long time.  Carl’s cancer, it would appear, is gone.
They did the PSA blood test on Monday, and reported today the results was -.004 -- virtually undetectable.  It would appear that even good old water itself doesn’t get a perfect .000000 on the PSA test for prostate cancer.  
I hate to think what would have happened had Carl not had his kidney stone and met up with the good Dr. Dan Hibbert, the sneaky urologist who chances a check on the adjacent prostate while calming a raging kidney stone.  Fortunately an additional plus for Dr. Hibbert is he is unique in the area in his ability to perform the prostatectomy via robotics enabling Carl to recover considerably faster than he otherwise would have.  Further, the precision is much better than a manual surgery so damage is less likely.
Carl has always cursed his kidney stones and his propensity to create them and yet it turns out that they were blessings in disguise.  Isn’t that the way of things?  
How often we complain of the very things that ultimately we find make us strong and even save our lives.  
I thank God for this.  I am a firm believer than we will realize that there has not been a wasted moment, experience, pain, loss, or ache that has not “come together for our good.”  I believe in that kind of great economy of our God.  For example, I would have never believed that I could have loved Carl more.  But here I am, loving him more than I could have ever imagined before. 

3 comments:

Melissa said...

That is great news!! YAY!!! I love that after all these years together you still find ways to love each other a little more! That is just too sweet! LOVE IT!!!

Lindsey said...

I am so glad that Carl is cancer free. I have had you and Carl in my prayers ever since I heard. I am so happy all is well.

Anonymous said...

Huzzah! Great news!!!! Throw a nice little party. You guys deserve it!