Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Scripture Power!

I love the Internet. I've struck gold there many times. There's a street named "Rubicon" near me and I knew it had some sort of significance, so I Googled it. "Crossing the Rubicon" means to have passed the "point of no return". Wonder if those living there know about this? I buy books and music there "on the cheap" from Amazon. Facebook is just delightful. I have found a bunch of former students there who remark about there lives and children. Some former colleagues, even, show up. And it's great to see the old Cameo Park Ward making a showing. Carl, and now others, have been posting old photographs to be tagged and it's fun to see the pictures, but even more fun to see the comments they call up.

But the best I've found recently is "Read the Scriptures". I've read the Book of Mormon through once all ready this year and plan to get through it again in a couple of months. I'm currently at 13.3% of the way through. I know this because "Read the Scriptures" tells me so. I need games and this is something of a game. It's got a number of options that you can set up with a speed that you set yourself. At least go to http://www.readthescriptures.com/ and see what you think.

I love whoever set this up. Don't we all depend on the kindness of strangers?




No comments: