Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Keeping the Peace at Home the Old Fashioned Way


Look, it's the Joads.
Maybe not. Maybe its us. Maybe its us at the River Front Old Fashioned Picnic last weekend. It's us as the first gang to wear these clothes. The significance of that cannot be lost on anyone who has sweated it up at any August picnic. These clothes were dry when we put them on. I'm sure they were anything but a few wearings down the road. Maybe even right after we took them off.

We do look good. It's Alison in the blue dress in the front, Julia, Sophia and I in the middle row and Brad and Carl bringing up the rear. I thought this would be great as a Christmas card with Christmas decorations photoshopped in, but Carl said we could do better.

I must say, this is pretty good, though. It'll be hard to beat.

8 comments:

Wendy said...

You guys look great!

Annie said...

those are awesome! they would be great as Christmas cards!!!

Wendy said...

I'm all for the Christmas card as well - before Santa and after Santa.

Lindsey said...

Wow Linda, you look so natural with that pistol in your hand. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the Sass, Lindsey. I mean it.

zippy the wondermonkey said...

It can't be a Christmas card without me in it. Jeez!

Linda Aukschun said...

Zip, I know. We could photoshop your face on a rock in the background maybe.

zippy the wondermonkey said...

Ummmmmm. You can call me Ben. It's not like I'm in witness protection or anything.