Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Six, Count 'Em, Six


Gotta love the Knudsen Brothers here in Branson.  They are one of the top draws and with good reason.

They do it all a capella, with sound effects and a perfect blend of voices.  They take it from the early days of rock to doo-wop, the Temptations, Motown, the Beachboys to U2.
One of them is also pretty funny doing some standup and comedy singing.  It was never boring.  Find them on UTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqww1iT-Rf4&feature=related.

I also learned while at the popcorn stand that they are also LDS!  I asked a girl who was wearing a Cedar City, Utah t-shirt if she was from Utah and this other woman behind the counter asked me if I also was.  When I said "yes" she asked me if I was in church Sunday.  When I recovered from shock, I realized that she wasn't rebuking me for not going, but was just saying that there had been lots of visitors on Sunday at the little Branson Branch that she couldn't remember.  She was the wife of one of the "Sixes".

Branson is a hot ticket for those of us in the retirement set but apparently it's a magnet for families during the summer.  The acts are clean and family-friendly and so far, they've been really good.  They are also considerably cheaper than those in Vegas so what you lack in big names and skin here, you make up for in quantity.

We're having a great time.  Glad we came.


No comments: